The terms, “Explicit Consent”, “Personal Data”, “Personal Data Breach”, “Processing” and “Third Party/ies” shall have the same meaning assigned to them by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation) on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”).
How do we collect, store, process or share your Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data either directly from you, whether you provide this to us in writing or by electronic means, or, indirectly, through Google Analaytics and Cookies, when you choose to browse our website, or in instances where we may verify your Personal Data with official public records.
Which Personal Data do we collect and store?
For us to render holiday rental and other services to you we collect and store the following Personal Data:
A. If you are an individual:
- Your first and second name;
- Your telephone and mobile contact numbers;
- Your home address;
- The address, specifications, photos and a detailed plan of the property for which you require our services;
- Your email address;
- Proof of identity and residence documentation in compliance with the Anti Money Laundering Regulations;
- If you are not the legal owner of the property for which you require our services, we may require proof of the mandate (such as a Power of Attorney) given to you by its owner.
B. In the case of a company:
- The name of the company;
- The registration number of the company;
- The address of the registered office of the company;
- The address, specifications and a detailed plan of the property for which the company requires our services;
- The first and second name; the telephone and mobile contact numbers; the home address; the email address; proof of identity and residence documentation of the beneficial owners of the company.
For which specific purposes do we use your Personal Data?
A. Standard specific purposes:
- We require proof of identity, proof of residence and, in certain circumstances, proof of funds to comply with applicable Anti-Money Laundering Laws and Regulations as well as other legal obligations;
- We will use your home address (or registered office address), your telephone and mobile numbers and your email address to communicate with you in relation to our services and we will keep records of and store such communications;
- We may use your home address, email address and mobile number to send you marketing information and advertisements relating to our services, such as property listings as well as for market research purposes;
- We may use your Personal Data to improve our products and services;
- We will disclose your Personal Data to Third Parties if our company, or its assets, are acquired by a Third Party since your Personal Data will, in such a scenario, form part of the assets of the company being transferred or the transferred assets;
- Internal record keeping;
- Accounting and tax purposes.
B. Further specific purposes which apply when you employ our services as a prospective purchaser or landlord (including holiday rentals):
- As a prospective owner and/or landlord of a property and/or a service we will collect, store and share, with Third Parties, demographic information, specifications, descriptions, detailed plans, photos, the going price (or the going rent, as applicable) of the property for which you employ our services;
- As a guest/tenant, in all cases concerning holiday rentals or any other form of short lets and/or services we offer, we will share your contact details (i.e. your first/second name and your mobile number/email address) with the owner and/or landlord allowing the owner and/or landlord to communicate with you in connection with your arrival and departure and/or for further information requested;
- As a prospective guest/tenant, we may collect and store further Personal Data which you communicate to us, whether electronically or in writing, concerning your personal preferences, such as your estimate budget and other particulars regarding the property you wish to rent or and other service you wish to purchase;
- We will pass the relevant contact details, including first/second name and email address between the owner/landlord and the guest/tenant accepted by the owner/landlord;
- All the Personal Data we collect pertaining to a guest/tenant will be requested from the surety of the guest/tenant alike, which data will also be shared to the owner/landlord;
Website use of Google Analytics & Cookies
A. Google Analytics
- Should you wish to opt-out of the use of the Google Analytics service you may wish to follow this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies, such as those pertaining to Google Analytics, to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic to improve our website by tailoring it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, following which exercise, the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can normally modify your web browser settings to decline cookies, if you prefer. This may however prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
We are committed to ensure that your Personal Data is secure. For this reason, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to prevent the occurrence of a Personal Data Breach and we have warned our employees of the obligations ensuing from the GDPR and ancillary applicable law.
What are your rights?
A. To request access to your Personal Data
- Upon such a request we shall provide you, within a reasonable time, with a soft or hard copy of the requested information in Excel or Word format;
B. To request rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you
- Upon such a request we shall provide you, within a reasonable time, with a soft or hard copy of your Personal Data in Excel or Word format as rectified;
C. To request us to erase your Personal Data
- Upon such a request we shall erase or destroy your Personal Data unless we are permitted to retain such Personal Data according to law;
D. To object to direct marketing
- Upon such a request we shall take all reasonable measures to stop using your Personal Data for direct marketing, forthwith.
E. Right to file a complaint